Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A LITTLE LINKAGE IS BETTER THAN NOTHING, NO?

I've been admonished by a few regular readers of this space that it's been close to a month since I've added new content here and I should get off my fat ass and post something tout suite (actually they were much kinder and gentler than that). Until several offline projects are accomplished, a few links are just going to have to suffice.

Stay tuned for some honest to god book reviews in the (hopefully) near future, and maybe even a movie review or two.

I didn't get a chance to say here how much I'll miss Kurt Vonnegut, but Ayelet's friend James did a splendid job doing so.

Lydia Millet wrote one of my favorite novels of the past few years, Everyone's Pretty (Pinky, I think you would love it). There's a great essay at her newly updated website on my favorite drunken leftist punk/country comedy act, the Mekons. I should have known she'd love them too.

Miranda July has an amusing site for her upcoming short story collection.

And for no apparent reason, here's a Diane Arbus photo of an aging Mae West (scroll down for her pictures of James Brown and Norman Mailer among others).

That should hold you for a while, OK?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Cupcake said...

I'm glad to hear your offline pursuits are going swimmingly AND you posted a new blog!!

I think I may have to adopt Miranda July's coordination of fashion ensemble and literature. Fun stuff!!

6:26 PM  
Blogger Pinky Royale said...

Wow. I send one e-mail lambasting you for doing nothing and then you post something. Direct action works.
YEs, I read the excerpt of the book and I was intrigued. If I ever get a day off from kicking the piss out of copy machines I plan on getting to Powell's to get a copy.
And Jesus, is it just me or is Miranda July the cutest fucking girl on the planet?
Anyone? Back me up here?

9:29 PM  
Blogger ibrahim said...

Really trustworthy blog. Please keep updating with great posts like this one. I have booked marked your site and am about to email it to a few friends of mine that I know would enjoy reading
Sesli sohbet Sesli chat
Seslisohbet Seslichat
Sesli sohbet siteleri Sesli chat siteleri
Sesli Chat
Sohbet Sesli siteler
Sohbet siteleri Chat siteleri
Sohbet merkezi chat merkezi
Sesli merkezi sesli Sohbet merkezi
Sesli chat merkezi Sohbetmerkezi
Sesli Sohbet Sesli Chat
SesliSohbet Sesli chat siteleri
Sesli sohbet siteleri SesliChat
Sesli Sesli siteler
Seslimuhabbet sesli muhabbet
sesli sohbet sesli chat siteleri
sesli sohbet siteleri sesli chat
seslisohbet seslichat
seslikent sesli kent
sesli sohbet sesli sohbet siteleri
sesli chat sesli chat siteleri
seslisohbet seslichat

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home